- Ensure you have PHP-CLI installed
- Install composer using the instructions listed here
- Check composer is install by using
php71 composer.pharin the directory you installed it into.
- Make a new file in the installation folder called composer.json. This will contain information on the packages you wish to install.
- Add this into your composer.json file under requires:
- Add your vendor configuration by specifying vendor-dir also in the composer.json file:
"vendor-dir": "/dir/to/your/project/". The file should now look like this:
php71 composer.phar install
- Now you can require in the dependencies to your project. Require it into your PHP files using
PHPMailer should now be ready to use.